Thursday, May 29, 2014

Quinoa Pizza Bites

There are several quinoa pizza bites recipe to be found on pinterest and google, which you can find for actual measurements. For me, I just added what I had on hand to make these guys! I used some kidney bean, cooked quinoa, and Italian herbs and spices and for the dipping I just took some tomato sauce and added spices to it as well. 
I found this adaptation from Elsja Down Under here: http://elsja.com/pinterest-finds/quinoa-pizza-bites

This is how mine turned out!




Quinoa Pizza Bites
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup cooked quinoa
  • 1 cup drained, cooked black beans (a can is fine, just rinse well) (I used kidney so I think any beans will work)
  • 16 small square inch size pieces of mozzarella (can use cut up string cheese) – about 80g total (leave out for vegan recipe)
  • 1/3 cup tomato paste
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
  • 2 small cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
  • 1/2 tsp chilli flakes (feel free to use more if you like spice, I did)
  • Salt to taste
Again you can find any quinoa pizza bite recipe you prefer and as Elsja did you can adapt it to you liking!

No comments:

Post a Comment