Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Chickpea, Cucumber, Quinoa, and (Feta-Non Vegan or Firm Tofu-Vegan) Salad

Okay, so as I have said before and as this blog's name hints at I am not completely vegan. (Sorry vegans, my body didn't completely agree with it when I was completely vegan.) So for lunch today, I was looking for something to eat, I had some leftover quinoa, a cucumber, a can of chickpeas, and some feta. BUT BEFORE YOU CLOSE THIS RECIPE, VEGANS, I have found a tasty feta cheese alternative to easily make this dish 100% vegan! 
Ingredients: 

  • A can of chickpeas
  • A cucumber
  • Quinoa
  • Feta or Firm Tofu
Firm Tofu Alternative:  Okay so for the vegan alternative to this dish, all you have to do is substitute firm tofu for feta cheese. I found a post where someone suggest that to make it a little tastier to just soak the tofu in lemon juice and some minced garlic for added flavor, which sounded pretty delicious to me!

This probably took me 5 minutes to put together with the quinoa already made! So if you live a busy lifestyle and are looking for a quick lunch or meal, just make the quinoa in advance (in actuality it only thats 10-15 minutes for quinoa to cook) and throw the ingredients together when ready to eat!
Cut up the cucumber 

Add everything to the drained and rinsed chickpeas

And mix all together


Quick and easy and extremely easy to adjust for those that want a vegan or dairy free diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment