Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Motley Granola: How to Make Homemade Granola

Inspired from my previous granola post! As usual, I didn't plan properly for this weeks "spontaneous I want to make this" urge, which just so happened to be granola. Rather than decide to make something else, I stuck with it and made a mixture of whatever I had on hand granola.
For my granola, I used sunflower seeds, pecans, coconut oil, oats, maple syrup, and at last minute decided to throw in some cinnamon. 
 All you need to make granola is oats (obviously), any kind of nuts or seeds you would like, a sweetener like maple syrup, agave, brown sugar, etc., an oil (coconut, olive, etc.) and anything else you would like say some dried cranberries or the like! 
Throw it in a bowl, mix, spread on a baking sheet, and toast! 
THAT'S AS EASY AS IT GETS FOR HOMEMADE GRANOLA 
Easy peasy lemon squeezy, right?
Add all ingredients together 

Mix liquids in 

Spread on baking sheet and toast for 15-20 minutes or adjust time to amount of granola at 300 degrees


Yay hodge-podge granola! 

No comments:

Post a Comment