Monday, May 5, 2014

Vegan Bread

Carbs are delicious. Let's face it. And now with this recipe I know how to make homemade vegan bread with a bread machine! Yum! 
For the powder milk, cut the amount of liquid in half and for the other half of liquid add your non-dairy milk (I used almond milk). 
For the butter, substitute 6 tablespoons of flax seed and 2 tablespoon of water. 
I used the Hodgson Mill Golden Flax Bread:
The recipe calles for:
7/8 cup water (cut liquid in half and then for remaining half add non-dairy milk)
2 Tbsp. butter (substitute 6 Tbsp. of flax seed and 2 Tbsp. of water)
3 Tbsp. molasses 
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. Hodgson Mill Milled Flax Seed
1 Tbsp. Vital Wheat Gluten *optional (I omitted this)
2-1/2 cups Hodgson Mill Best for Bread Flour (I used bread flour, so what kind of flour doesn't really matter as long as it's bread flour)
1-1/2 Tbsp. Non-fat dry milk (omit)
1-1/2 Hodgson Mill Fast Rise Yeast (Again, brand doesn't matter. I used Fleischmann's rapid rise highly active yeast)
Add ingredients to the bread machine in the order of liquids first, then all the dry ingredients and yeast on top. 
Select basic cycle with a light or medium color setting Yield: 1-1/2 pound loaf
Ingredients list with instructions: typed above also.

Rub canola oil inside measuring cut before measuring out molasses to make it "cleaner" when it comes out



Finished bread



I enjoyed mine with some dandelion jelly I picked up at the local farmers market the day before! 


No comments:

Post a Comment