Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Chocolate Apricot Nut Bars

This last week, I bought some dried apricots for a salad, but of course I bought a whole bag with only the intention of needing about 1/12 of it. (Go me.) So, with all this dried apricot I decided to find a recipe that would use some and help me get rid of the excess. 
I found this chocolate apricot nut bar recipe from Whole Living, found here: http://www.wholeliving.com/172998/chocolate-apricot-nut-bars?czone=e¢er=136761&gallery=136112&slide=172998 
Ingredients follow as:
  • 1 1/2 cups dried apricots
  • 1/2 cup raw almonds, toasted
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
  • Coarse salt
  • 1/2 ounce dark chocolate, melted (I made my own chocolate sauce with cocoa powder, sugar, and little bit of water)
To help make the apricots puree better put them in some boiling water to soften (literally takes about a minute in the water to work), then place apricots, toasted almonds, and some of the toasted coconut in a food processor or blender to puree together. 
Puree the apricots after soaking in hot water

Toast the almonds to be added to apricots

Mix almonds, apricots, and some of the coconut in a food processor or blender

Spread out on a baking sheet and drizzle chocolate sauce and remainder of coconut flakes. Place in freezer for 15 minutes to set. 

Cut apart and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment