Friday, June 13, 2014

Arugula, Quinoa, Apricot, and Avocado Salad

I've been trying to get more into avocados for the health benefits, which include multiple vitamins and minerals. So I've found some salad recipes with avocados in them!
 This one has cooked quinoa, dried apricot, almonds, and avocado on arugula lettuce.
All you need to do is rinse some arugula, toast some almonds, cut up some avocado, and chop some dried apricots and throw it all together! 

This salad is super healthy and super quick to make! 
*Also fun fact: when I was little I once mispronounced avocado and called it an avochato and my family has still not let it go. Just goes to show you mispronounce something with a complicated name at a young age once and your family will never let you live it down. 
Try to experiment with other combinations of ingredients with this recipe! I've tried this recipe with grapefruit pieces before and it was delicious!
Grapefruit, avocado, almond, and arugula salad


No comments:

Post a Comment