Friday, November 7, 2014

New York Vegan Adventures- Vegan places to eat in NYC

I recently got the chance to visit New York because my mom was running the NYC marathon. 
Yay! 
I spent so much time googling and checking out other blogs for places to eat and then picked some that were close to our hotel or where we were going to be around! 
For some of these places I was too exited and took blurry photos or I forgot to take photos. Apologies in advance. 

1. Blossom du Jour
First stop on this vegan vacation, Blossom du Jour! Now I didn't visit the main restaurant, but this place was awesome! I had a roasted vegetable wrap and my mom had an avocado tempeh wrap, the smokey avocado I believe! There was seating around the wall and in front of the window, but that was about it in seating. There were juices, wraps, cookies, etc. 
They had pre made cold wraps for a quick grab and go meal, which is what mom's was, or hot wraps that were made and then called out when done, which was mine. They had juices ready to go in the fridge as well. 

Look at how cute and clever their trash and recycling bins are! 
I went to the midtown west location, but there are four locations in total!

2. Kale
Mom and I stumbled upon Kale while we were walking to Macy's one day. On the way back to the hotel we decided to get a light fuel up with some juices from Kale! 
I really needed it too after all the indulgences I had eaten and getting the extra greens in made me feel so much better! 
Mom got the Green Machine with collard greens, kale, cucumber, green apple, pineapple, and ginger, while I had the Kale Lemon Tart made with kale, spinach, banana, avocado, lemon, honey, and almond milk (note I do know the honey made it nonvegan, but as I am not fully vegan I got it, but you can probably request to leave it out). 


Green Lemon Tart

Green Machine


Located on Lexington

3. Franchia
Mom and I ate here the first night in NYC. We didn't plan to go here originally, but after researching best vegan restaurants this was one of the top! It is a vegan Korean restaurant and it was delicious! Mom and I ordered some lettuce wraps to start and then we both had the pad thai! It was filling without making us feel like we couldn't move!

Located on Park Ave.

4. Green Symphony
This is located very close to Times Square and they had pre made wraps and little vegan treats (think date and dried fruit bites). 
Mom and I split a simple spinach pita bread sandwich and a dried plum treat covered in coconut flakes. I also had a nondairy smoothie, the Classic, I believe it was orange, strawberries, and banana! Again really good and they had sitting in the front. They also had a hot serve yourself set up in the back (kind of like Whole Foods, you know you walk in fill a plate and cost is based on weight). They also had a lot of rice bowl options and juices!



5. Dun-Well Doughnuts
Definitely one of my favorite vegan spots of all! 
OMG LET ME TELL YOU! 
Originally this wasn't on the list of "places to go," but on the day of the  marathon Dad and I were running around NYC to find mom in the race! So we made an extra excursion while in Brooklyn to Dun-Well! 
Dad got a Toasted Coconut doughnut and I had a Chocolate Pretzel doughnut! The place was precious also! It's set up to look vintage and has old silent film music playing. So cute. And with vegan doughnuts, I'm convinced this is what heaven is like!




Website: dunwelldoughnuts.com

6. Atlas Cafe (Anthony's Cafe?)
A little confused about this one as on google it's Atlas, but it seemed like they were transitioning/ in the process of changing the name to Anthony's Cafe. 
They had lots of vegan and non vegan options, so if you're like me traveling or eating with those that would prefer a non vegan meal this works with everyone! It was very cute and had tables inside, however I think when it's hotter out they put some seats outside. 
We were some of the only people sitting down and eating for a little, but while there many people came in and ordered food to go and sat until it was ready. 
I had an almond milk latte and a grilled vegetable sandwich, Mom had vegan lasagna with red sauce, and Dad had a non vegan crepe with cheese and mushrooms (They also had vegan crepes!)!




Grilled vegetable vegan sandwich




7. Cinnamon Snail
My manhattan lunch and treat favorite spot I think! It's a food truck that is completely vegan and organic and they won best food truck last year! They and doughnuts and treats in the window (including raw choices) and they also have sandwiches and salads! They send out their locations for the day via twitter and Facebook so check there or follow while you visit to know where to find them! 
Mom and I had the special, Rosemary Lentil burgers and they were miraculous. Seriously the bread was good, the lentil patty was good, the fermented leeks were good.
 I was in heaven. Probably shouldn't have eaten it all since it was huge,  but I was livin by the motto CAN'T STOP WON'T STOP. 
I seriously went all Miley Cyrus "can't stop, won't stop" with this burger. I liked it so much that I begged my mom to go back a few days later for some vegan treats! I got a cinnamon snail roll, thai basil doughnut, and a raw jalapeño brownie! 
Jalapeño brownie and it was definitely spicy!

Facebook and twitter to find them in NYC

Doughnuts and treats




Cinnamon snail roll and thai basil doughnut
  When we were on the way to the airport we even passed them. It was so sad. 
I just wish we had more time together, ya know?
 I love you Cinnamon Snail, I love ya. 

No comments:

Post a Comment