Saturday, August 30, 2014

Vegan Flourless Chocolate Chip Zucchini Brownies

Hi I'm Carrie and I'm a chocoholic. 
*"Hi Carrie"* 
But really is there a support group I can go to for chocolate addictions, because I feel like it's actually becoming a problem. 
Strangely enough, however, I can't remember the last time I have had brownies. TREASON I KNOW. While on this last break, I was about to do some recipe research and find some goodies to share, including but not limited to this zucchini brownie recipe. 
I don't know, but if a dessert has a vegetable in it, it is automatically considered way healthier in my mind thus meaning I can indulge guilt free. These brownies were absolutely delicious and I can promise you, you can't taste the zucchini!

Ingredients: 
  • 1/2 cup all natural unsalted peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup honey for non-vegan,  agave nectar for vegan 
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened natural applesauce
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 3/4 cup gluten free oats
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (70% or more for vegan usually), divided
Instructions: 
1. Again always a good idea to turn on the oven. Preheat to 350 degrees F and prepare baking pan (recipe calls for 8x11, but similar size will do).
2. Process the oats until finely ground and set aside. 
3. If your zucchini is not shredded yet, go ahead and do that now and set aside. 
4. In a large bowl mix with an electric blender the peanut butter, agave, applesauce, and vanilla until smooth.
5. Add in zucchini, cocoa powder, oats, baking soda, and salt until combined. 
6. Fold in half of the chocolate chips (1/4 cup) and pour batter into baking pan.
7. Take other half of chocolate chips and sprinkle on top and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a knife can be inserted in the middle and come out clean. Cut when cooled. 
Makes 20 brownies. (Ambitious Kitchen has nutrition information including the fact that when cut into 20 brownies, one of these little guys is only 86 calories!!) 










Be careful when removing brownies from pan! I almost broke mine!

Recently discovered the beauty of the magnificent invention that is the pizza cutter. Used it to cut my brownies and just scrap off the excess brownies left on the blade between cuts to keep the cuts clean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment