Monday, July 7, 2014

Vegan Chopped Greek Salad

This recipe has been on my "to make" list on pinterest FOR. EVER.  And I finally got to make it! The ingredients are very simple and it makes quite a bit so it can be kept for multiple lunches/meals! For storing, however, I kept the olive oil/red wine vinegar dressing separate from the salad. Just to be sure that the vinegar didn't make anything go bad faster than it should. 
Ingredients: 
  • 1 15 oz. can of chickpeas
  • 1 cucumber
  • 1 green bell pepper
  • 1 small red onion (I only used half of a small red onion) 
  • 4-5 roma tomatoes
Dressing:
  • 1/4 cup of olive oil
  • 3 Tablespoons of red wine vinegar 
  • 1/4 tsp of salt
  • 2 tsp of oregano (I omitted because I didn't have any)

Instructions: 
1. Dice the cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, and tomatoes 
2. Remove the seeds of the tomatoes 
3. Add all the vegetables together followed by the chickpeas
4. Mix the dressing separately 
4. Serve immediately or chill for at least an hour in the refrigerator 







Pinterest recipe was a hit once again! 
I did a rough calculation for how much this cost:
Red Wine Vinegar   $1.34
Red Onion   $0.69
Green Bell Pepper  $0.74
4 Roma Tomatoes  $1.30
1 Cucumber  $0.72
*Chickpeas are about $1, but I don't have actual cost
(Rough) Grand Total: $5.76 for the entire salad, not to mention you get multiple servings from this recipe!
Recipe can also be modified to not be vegan with feta cheese, if making for a crowd and non-vegan guest.

No comments:

Post a Comment