Saturday, July 12, 2014

Bean Avocado Mash with Lemon

I've had this awkward can of cannellini beans that I haven't had any use for in my kitchen for a while now. The original recipe of this mash, from The Garden Grazer, can e\be found here, http://www.thegardengrazer.com/2014/03/chickpea-avocado-mash-with-lemon.html
Originally it calls for chickpeas, but I used my cannellini as to put them out of their lonesome misery.

Ingredients:
1 15 oz can of beans (cannellini, chickpeas, or you can experiment)
1 avocado (I used half of one)
1/2 lemon
Salt and Pepper

Instructions:
Rinse and drain the beans before use.
Mash the beans in a bowl, I used a fork, or you can use a blender/food processor, which may make it a bit more smooth. 
Mash in the avocado.
Squeeze in juice of 1/2 a lemon and season with salt and pepper.





I ate mine on toast with some tomato

No comments:

Post a Comment