Sunday, July 27, 2014

Apricot Almond Coconut Snack Bites

I've been meaning to make some more (and try some new) snack bite recipes! Getting a little tired about buying granola bars every week and I go through them so fast that I need some variety and more snack options! 
Well, the answer is here! Apricot Almond Coconut Snack Bites!! 

I love snack bites because they usually don't take much time at all and they are so good! 
This original recipe is from Pint Sized Baker, found here: http://www.pintsizedbaker.com/2014/04/apricot-snacks.html
Ingredients: 
  • 1 cup dried apricots
  • 1/4 cup date paste (I used whole dates and just threw a few into my hot water when softening the apricots)
  • 1/4 cup Coconut Almond Butter (I omitted and they are still delicious!)
  • 1/2 cup almonds (Roughly chopped)
  • 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
Recipe: 

1. Soften the apricots and dates in hot water then puree 
2. While soaking the apricots and dates, lightly toast the coconut flakes and roughly chopped almonds 
3. Blend the apricots, dates, coconut flakes, and almonds in a food processor 
4. Roll into balls and freeze for 1 hour

Process the dates and apricots

Toast almonds and coconut

Blend everything together

Roll into snack bites

Mine made 9 snack bites, but the original recipe yields 14

No comments:

Post a Comment