Friday, September 5, 2014

Vegan Avocado Chocolate Mousse

I'm back to trying to get those dang avocados into my diet. Avocados have so many benefits including: promoting heart health, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, and many more it leaves one to wonder why we don't eat them more often! 
I used to be a huge fan of avocados when I was younger then I ate too many and now I can barely stand the smell of them. 
But now that I know of the health benefits, I've been trying to sneak it back into my diet. So I found a recipe for avocado chocolate mousse. I know, why would you pair chocolate and avocados together? Because you can't even taste the avocado!! WHAT? Craziness. I know. You get heart healthy benefits without even realizing it! 

Ingredients
  • 1 large ripe avocado
  • 1/4 cup raw cocoa powder
  • 1/4 cup coconut milk or almond milk
  • 2 tsp stevia (or other, I used agave)
  • 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
  • Optional extras: toasted sliced almonds, chia seeds, fruit, or chocolate 
Instructions
1. Take the ripe avocado and blend it until smooth. Mine wasn't ripe enough so it didn't become very smooth and was more grainy and textured. 
2. Mix cocoa powder and milk 
3. Mix cocoa powder and milk into avocado 
4. Stir in vanilla and sweetener and any added extras 
5. Store in fridge if not eaten immediately 






No comments:

Post a Comment