Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Simple Homemade Chai Tea (Great for Chai Tea Latte!)

Last night while fiddling in the kitchen I decided I should make a chai tea concentrate since I've been crazing chai tea lattes! 

A little google search and 1 2 3 chai tea concentrate! 
The one I made is so so simple as it uses black tea bags, cinnamon sticks and some whole cloves! That's it! 

All you need is: 
 5 black tea bags 
2 cinnamon sticks
Whole cloves
*Can be adjusted to taste as well!

1. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil and add in tea bags, cinnamon, and cloves 
2. Allow to simmer for a few minutes and remove from heat! 
3. Strain and there you go, chai tea concentrate! 
I refrigerated mine until use. 

I made myself a chai tea latte with almond milk today!

 Just use equal parts chai tea concentrate to milk! I used 1/2 cup of chai, 1/2 cup of almond milk and served it iced! 


My chai tea latte is only 15 calories compared to Starbucks' Short 8 oz. at 120 calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment